EyeEdit occasionally receives more requests for work than we can handle during a certain time period. We have built an effective network, however, we are always looking to build a bigger network and we are interested in developing reciprocal, mutually beneficial relationships.
If you are an effective editor (or writer) and you need occasional work, kindly contact us.
When hiring editors and/or writers, we tend to look for:
- A degree in English or another writing-intensive discipline or a research-based discipline;
- A traditionally published writer, with peer-reviewed writing samples;
- A teacher and/or book editor with verifiable experience;
- A master copy editor and expert in various documentation styles, such as APA and MLA;
- Proficiency in MS Word and perhaps PowerPoint or Excel;
- Passion for the written word.
Most essentially, we look for people with positive, productive attitudes. (You may be asked to take one of our quizzes.)